Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The mindmap of my Personal Learning Environment at the end of the second semester

As far as the mindmap of my personal learning environment is concerned, I think that at the end of the second semester something has to be added. All the tools I listed in the first semester are still and will always be part of my life because I consider them extremely useful. However, I would add a new category: intercultural learning and experience. I could improve my intercultural competence during the second semester and now I must say that it is essential for my language learning process. Skype exchange, forums, travelling abroad are the best ways to improve it. As I wrote in the questionnaire, I still have to improve my ability to cope with communicating in a different language with a different culture because in my opinion to interpret people’s reactions a face-to-face communication is necessary. I hope to travel in the future and to have more direct contacts with native speakers. Sometimes you learn more if you experience directly and see with your eyes foreign countries.
Finally, I have to tell a curious episode. A friend of mine who lives in London wrote a comment on my blog suggesting me to include in my mindmap a tool which is becoming popular in UK: social network. Well, this suggestion arouse my curiosity and in the future I would like to know and experience this tool to see if it might really be useful for my language and intercultural learning.
I will always update my mindmap. This course taught me that reflection is what makes you mature and succeed in your career.

2 comments:

Sarah Stewart said...

You are very right about reflection being at the center of career development and maturing as a person.

My PLE is based on social networking using tools like my blog, Flickr, YouTube and so on. Many would say that connection and networking is at the heart of learning.

于呈均名 said...

最偉大的天才如果終日躺在草地上,讓微風吹拂,眼望天空,那麼溫柔的 靈感也不會光顧他的。 ....................................................